Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Backyard Forage Experiment

Now that the Food Patch finally is beginning to yield some spring crops I plan to begin a total backyard forage experiment. Except for certain meats, dairy and vegetables/fruits that  I can't grow myself, I plan to forgo all processed and mass packaged foods including my REALLY big weakness; corn chips in all of their various forms. I've been thinking about this for some time now but with the long cold spring, the garden and choices have been very limited. Now that I have lettuce, greens, chard, kale and eggs (and soon strawberries and raspberries), I may just be able to make this work. Wish me luck.

 The lettuce and greens with two early grape tomatoes caged up and ready to grow.

 The strawberry bed with the first berry just beginning to ripen.

The raspberry bed in full bloom.



No comments:

Post a Comment